Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Seventeenth Letter

Dear Family,

Well, I don't know where to start... It was wonderful to get to talk to you guys last night. I mean, it was REALLY nice for me.

Well, a little about my week... There isn't a ton to tell. Since that family got baptized the week before last we have just been trying to find more investigators since they were the only ones that we had. So we just contact and knock doors all day and try to teach people. So far we haven't found anyone, but we are hoping that a few of the people that we have taught will turn into progressing investigators. So that is pretty much all we have done this week. On Wednesday we had zone conference in Kaunas and that was good. It was nice to see all of the missionaries and to just sit and learn from president and sister dance. Zone conference is always nice. Hmm... What else... I got a haircut on Monday. I needed one really bad! We started teaching English class again this week and we are teaching the second level so we get to speak English the whole time which is nice. It’s funny to hear their accents and be the one that know how to speak for once! Other than that we just did normal missionary work though... Not really much to tell! Klaipeda is a lot different than Vilnius. Vilnius is a lot more business and it seems to be a lot more relaxed here. But it also seems that the people are less willing to listen here. We average a lot less lessons here. But it's ok and we're trying our hardest to find people to teach and not get discouraged by the lack of interest in the people. So that's pretty much it for my week. I'm pretty adjusted to the new city now. At first it was a hard adjustment and move for me, but its better now. I can feel so much growth with the language in just this one week because I am forced so speak so much more and a lot more of the load is one me because our companionship is so young. It's a challenge and is very hard but I am grateful that the Lord trusts me so much and wants me to grow so fast. He has a way of doing things that is not our own. So anyways, the language is still coming slowly, but it is coming a little faster than before! I can now pray in Lithuanian where as before, I would only do my memorized prayer because I wasn't confident in saying them. But now I have started doing them in my own words and I make a lot of mistakes, but I can say most things that I would want to say in a prayer! Now speaking to actual Lithuanians is a ton harder. My understanding is getting better every day, and so is the speaking, but it still kills my brain! I come home tired every night just from thinking so hard! But it is going better. At this rate I will be able to speak by the END of my mission! haha just kidding. It's going a lot better than that.

Anyways, I need to wrap this up. I'm so glad that I got to talk with you last night. Thank you for all of the support and for believing in me. Thank you for all the prayers. I feel them every day. I know that the Lord really does have a higher plan for all of us. Well... I will write again next week but I'm so glad that everyone is doing well. It was great to actually hear how everyone is doing. I love you guys so much! Thanks for being the best family in the World!

Love, Elder Leishman


118 days down, 611 days to go!!!