Monday, May 31, 2010

The Twentieth Letter

May 31, 2010
Dear Family!

This email is going to be a bit shorter because I've got a lot of stuff to get done today so sorry about that! Thank you for all of the wonderful emails and inspiration. I look forward to hearing from you guys every week so thank you for always writing. This week has been pretty normal, but I will fill you in on the main things that happened. Last Monday we went out to Neringa. It is the spit that is across the way from Klaipeda, so we had to take a ferry to get there. It was WAY cold out there from the wind off the ocean but it was so pretty too! There was no one out there so it was so nice to walk up the beach and it was really peaceful. I'll send pictures with an email soon. Tuesday was normal and nothing eventful happened. Wednesday was the same. We taught a lesson to someone that day, but they didn't end up going anywhere. Thursday we had a lesson with Jonas, our investigator that we found last week. The "J" in his name makes the Y sound like yell... anyways, so that was a good lesson and we taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ. When we got to the part on baptism we invited him to be baptized but he told us that he couldn't answer then so we asked him to pray about it and we would see him at church. Friday, we met with a few inactive members and that was good. We do a lot of that there because it is a good use of our time. We are making some good progress with a few of them. On Saturday we went out to a member's house that is about 45 minutes outside of Klaipeda to help him with his yard because he can't really do it himself. He's very old and sick and can't do much. So we, with, some of the priesthood holders here, went out to help with that and then one of the members that is a cook on a ship made kabobs... haha I can't spell. And there was SO MUCH FOOD! I haven't eaten so much meat in my whole life! I couldn't not eat it, so I just forced it all down. It was way good, but it was just so much. So that was fun, but then President and Sister Dance were coming into town because they visited the Klaipeda branch for Sunday and they wanted to take us missionaries and the branch president out for dinner! They never do that, but they did for some reason. So we went straight from the activity to eating MORE FOOD with them! I was so sick. haha but it was good. Then on Sunday we went to church and had Interviews with President Dance. That was really good. And our investigator, Jonas, came and we asked him if he had prayed about getting baptized and he had... And he wants to be baptized! How great is that?! We have a date with him for the 12 of June. So that will be great. It was nice that president dance was there too cause he was very excited. So that was a little miracle that happened this week. And that is pretty much my week! Oh one thing that I forgot to mention last week was that I had to give a talk in church! Ugh, I was so nervous and scared. Because of course it was on Lithuanian and I hate giving talks already... But in another language it is even worst! But it went ok. It was really short, but I think the members got the point of what I was trying to say. haha. It's a good branch and I really like the members a lot. So yeah that was last Sunday. But that is it for my week!

I love all of you guys so much and I'm so grateful for the continued support from all of you! Thank you so much for all of the prayers. You guys mean so much to me. I need to go, but I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you!

Love, Elder Leishman


138 days down, 592 days to go!!!