Monday, September 6, 2010

The Thirty-Fourth Letter

September 6, 2010
Brangus Šeimą!

Hey, it was great to hear from you guys! It's been a way long week for me. Things seem like they are constantly changing for me and it is tiring. I was transferred and I am now in Kaunas. 1 in Vilnius, 2 in Klaipeda, 1 in Vilnius, now 1 and hopefully more in Kaunas. I wasn't happy about moving again, but this is a pretty cool city and I have liked it a lot so far. It is the second biggest city in Lithuania and there are some cool things to see here. My new companion is Elder Sanford who came out two transfers after me. He is a way cool guy from South Jordon, Utah. He has a ton of energy and is a fun guy. Our language skills are about the same though... That's a hard reality. Sometimes it seems that the language will never come. But whatever. We really don't have a lot going on in our area. Well, there really isn't anything going on in our area, so we just contact all day every day. So this past week I can't really remember much, but I left Vilnius and came to Kaunas on Thursday and we've just been  working as usual, but it is really slow here too. Sorry there aren't many details, it's just been a long week and not much to tell. I've been kind of sick too and haven't had a lot of energy plus missionary work just kills you anyways, so it's kind of all a blur. Hopefully things will get better and I'll be able to settle into things more. I'm happy to be here in Kaunas and happy to serve here. I pray that the Lord will guide us to the people that will be willing to listen. Thank you, everyone for your prayers in my behalf. I sure need them. My preparation day won't be until Wednesday next week cause we have more training on Monday and Tuesday so just write to me on Tuesday night I guess. But other than that, there isn't a tell about my week! Hopefully I'll have more to talk about next week. Oh and before I forget, my new address is:

Elder Lane Leishman
A/D 286
44004 Kaunas
Lithuania

I'm glad that byu won too. That's sweet! And that is just crazy that they actually went independent! That is so much better than being in the MWC and that is sweet that they are in with ESPN too. That is just great for the program. I hope that everything works out with it. I also just read the funeral services for President Hinckley and it was great. I never had a chance to read or listen to it and it really hit me. He was such a great man and I love him. I grew up with him as the Prophet and I really miss him. It has been interesting to hear more about his life from the talks at his funeral service. What a great man. Well, I'm really sorry that this isn't one of my longer emails but keep plugging away at life ok? Don't get discouraged cause the Lord will always lead the way. Things will work out. Never give up. Remember that. I love you guys so much and miss you a ton too. I hope that you have a wonderful week and that you are feeling the spirit of the Lord in your lives. The church is true and I love it. Stay close as a family and be happy. Sorry again that this is not very long. I'll try and tell some cool stories next week. I love you all so much! Have a good week!

Love, Elder Leishman


236 days down, 493 days to go!