Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Thirty-Sixth Letter

September 20, 2010
Dear Family,

Well, it's only been a few days since we've talked, but I'm way glad that we get p-day already! I guess I'll get right to how the last few days have been. On Wednesday we went out to this old church that was once a monastery but is now an abbey. I was built in the 1700's and it was way cool. The inside was all made out of different colors of marble and it was pretty cool. They are always kind of creepy, but they are cool still. We had a Nun give us a tour and I only understood about half of what she said, but it was still cool. It has a lot of history there. I'll send some pictures today. So that was pretty cool and it was a fun p-day. Thursday we had a pretty normal day and we taught English Class that night. That is always kind of fun. OH! And I made Apple Crisp for the first time out here in the field! Oh man it was so good!! I was afraid that it wasn't going to turn out, but it was SO good to have some of my favorite dessert! I actually really like cooking. Hopefully I can continue to get better at it. But Friday we had a pretty good day. We met with Sigitas, the guy we found last week, and it was really good. He hadn't read from the Book of Mormon, so we read with him and talked to him about prayer and the importance of it. We then got him to say a kneeling prayer at the end which was way cool. I asked him to say it but he didn't want to cause he was nervous I think, so I said I would say one and then maybe he could say one. So, I said a prayer and then told him that it was his turn. Haha, so we folded our arms and sat there for like three minutes in silence before he actually said anything! But he did end up saying a really nice heartfelt prayer and it was great. So many people just read prayers out of books, so it is weird for them to say things out of their hearts. And this may seem like such a small thing, to just pray, but it really is such a huge step for so many people. Prayer is such a blessing to us and I am personally so grateful for it! So, anyways, that was a good lesson and I need to call him today to set up another time to meet. On Saturday we had the Morrells (the senior couple that serve here in Kaunas, they are really great!) drive us out to an area that we can't get to by bus but it turned out to be a wild goose chase cause we got kind of lost out in the country side. It took us about three hours! But was cool to see some of the country. Mom, you asked if the trees are changing here and yes they are. It is a lot slower here and most things are still green, but they are changing. They say that the leaves don't finish falling off until like Christmas here! But it is going to be so pretty when the leaves have all changed. And for the record, I love the Fall and I love all the pretty colors too. I already told Elder Sanford that I need to take a lot of pictures for you so that I can send them to you. :) Fall is totally my favorite time of year!! So that was Saturday and Yesterday we just went to church and I tried to start learning all of the member's names cause President Dance told me too cause I will be here for a while. They see a lot of missionaries come and go and he wants me to be a missionary that they remember and so I'm not just like another missionary. So that was my few days since I last wrote! I've noticed that the Lord has been giving me these experiences to shape my life and to help me down the path that He would want me to go down. I know that He has a grand plan for me! At times in my life, I haven't been able to see that, but I can definitely see it right now and it is very exciting actually. I just have to remember to do the best with the time that has been given to me. Please remember the same thing about you guys ok? Please don't anyone lose hope with the things that are going on in their lives. Whatever they may be, I know that the Lord will help you and wants you so succeed. So trust Him. He won’t let you down. I hope that you have a wonderful week this week and that things aren't as crazy for you! I'm praying for all of you! I love ya so much!

Su Maile, Vyresnysis Lyšmenas

P.S. It's too bad that BYU isn't doing very well. Elder Morrell told us that they lost pretty bad to Florida st.... I'm just glad that I don't have to be there to watch it. :) This just isn't the way to go independent! They had better step it up, but yeah... There is my distracted thought for the week. Love Ya! Go Cougs!


250 days down, 480 days to go!