Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Fortieth Letter

October 18, 2010
Dear Fam!

Hey thanks for the emails! It was great to hear from you as always. I love getting to hear from you every week. So, this week was pretty uneventful. We had some lessons set up with Gokan and his wife and with that guy that the sisters had taught, but they all fell through or they didn't show up. It's no fun when that happens. But what can you do. So, we haven't been able to meet with Gokan since that first lesson and he said that they are busy this week, so hopefully we will be able to meet with them soon. They seemed so ready for the gospel! The week was pretty much dead though and it was really hard to find anyone that wanted to listen to us. I loved what you said that Greg said in his talk, that you can't convince people so you have to rely on the Lord to lead you to the ones that are prepared. It's so true. So many people here are SO Catholic and they aren't going to change what they believe no matter how hard we try to convince them. But there are people that are being prepared of the Lord and we just need to find them. Thank you for sharing that with me. I needed a reminded. So, even though we weren't able to have a lot of lessons this week, we did get to watch conference the end of last week and this week! Let me just say wow... I can't believe how good it was! We watched one session a day and it was just great to get to watch it. I always liked watching conference, but I have really gained an appreciation for it. The messages that were shared were so amazing and can be applied so directly. I learned so many things that I need to apply and a lot of things that I can change about myself to be a better person. I am so grateful that we are able to hear from our modern prophets so often! The Lord truly speaks through them, Directly to us! He knows what we need to hear and what will help us. I really can't express how grateful I am for modern prophets. It was SO good to listen to conference. We watched it at the Morrells apartment and sister Morrell cooked for us the days that we were there and it was really good. It was just a great experience. I really loved the talks on gratitude. Also both of Elder Uchtdorf's talks were great. On Simplifying our lives and about Pride. What great talks. Pretty much all of them were my favorites... haha, anyways, I'll stop blabbing! I just really loved getting to hear conference.

This week there were also transfers, but nothing changed for me! I'm still in the same apartment and Elder Sanford and I are still companions which is sweet. We get along pretty well and he is a lot of fun. So, nothing new with transfers! Elder Cooke is still here in Kaunas for his last transfer, but Elder Manning went to Klaipeda and switched places with Elder Graham, my old companion. So Elder Graham is here now and that is pretty cool. I'll miss Elder Manning though. He's a great guy. But that's pretty much it for my week! Today we are going to try to go to the really pathetic zoo that they have here before it gets to cold. There probably won’t be many animals out cause it's so cold already, and there aren't many animals there anyways I here. It will be interesting. It's supposed to be way small, but it is the only zoo in Lithuania! So, first to answer a few questions, the shoe gels feel great and I don't think that I need new shoes. At least for now. I want to wear these shoes as long as I can. Also, the branch went and bought some little speakers this last week, so don't worry about making any for them. I'm sure they would love it, but they already bought some. And I honestly think they would ruin them cause the reason the speakers in the chapel sound so bad is cause they have blown them out! They obviously don't really know how to work the sound very well in there.

Have a wonderful week ok?! Draw close to God and He will show you His love. He loves all of us so much! He wants so badly to bless us. Again, I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you for everything.

Love, Elder Leishman

278 days down, 452 days to go!!