Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Forty-Fourth Letter

November 15, 2010
Dear Family,

Well, This week has been... Pretty normal. Haha. The days just seem to slip together and there isn't much to tell them apart. It's weird how it works. There is really nothing to report about this week other than that we had a cool training meeting on Thursday about how to better weekly plan. One of the assistance came down and trained us on how to plan better. I realized that planning can really be great thing in our lives even after a mission. I hope that I can get better at that skill and implement it throughout my life. So that was a cool meeting, but there isn't much else to talk about cause I can't remember anything! Oh, as a district we set a goal to get 7 new investigators this week and we totally blew that away and ended up with 12! A new investigator is someone that you teach at least two principles too and then set up a return appointment. So that was pretty sweet and a little miracle for this week. Since there isn't much to say about last week, I'll tell you what is going on this week. Tonight we are going to Vilnius and staying over cause we have Zone Conference early in the morning there. So we will be staying with the other Elders there tonight. But the Area President who is a member of the seventies is going to be there at the Zone Conference too and that will be cool. I guess he is doing a mission tour or something. So that will be interesting and I am excited to hear him speak. Then we will have to come straight back here tomorrow night so that we can get to our English Class on time. There is a young girl maybe 18 or something in our class that asked us for a Book of Mormon this last week and she came back the next time having read all of 1 Nephi and she had lots of questions. We usually don't ever teach women at all, but President Dance just implemented this thing where we are going more accordingly to areas. She lives in our area so we will see if she would be interested in learning more and we will just have to get a lot of male members to come to those lessons. That's how we'll have to do it. Usually we would just hand her over to the Sisters, but this new thing says that we need to teach her if she is in our area. So, we'll see what happens. She seemed really interested to learn more. About Zydrunas... Well all last week he we could never get in contact with him, but last night he randomly texted us and asked us to help him. We figured that we would stop calling and let him feel the absence of the spirit for a while until he felt the difference and it totally worked! He totally came to us and we will be meeting with him tonight before we go to Vilnius. I really hope that everything goes ok and that we can help him. But that is pretty much my week. Just a normal week of trying to talk to people on the streets and in their homes. Sorry for no detail... There will be plenty more weeks to tell in detail! So it sounds like Ray is doing well in her play! Is she really the stage manager? I think she is just the assistant stage manager cause that is what I was most of the time except for the last time cause I did the sound and was the Stage Manager that called all of the shots for the whole play. It is a big job. So is that what Ray did? Wow, I really really miss doing those plays and stuff. I really love that class. It was so much fun and I learned so much from it. It gave me a big sense of belonging. If you ever have a chance, please thank Miss Sellers for helping me to have those experiences in High School. I plan on thanking her more in person when I get back, but yeah. I just loved getting to build all of that stuff and getting to be in charge of all of the technical stuff. It was so cool to be in charge of all of everything that last play that I did my senior year. I loved it. Anyways, I'm glad that Ray is doing well in it and enjoying it! Have fun Ray! I'm also way glad that BYU did so well this past week! Go Cougs! I hope they can continue to do well and get back to being amazing! I love that team and will forever be a True BLUE COUGAR! haha... Ok, well, that is it for me his week. I am so glad that you guys are doing well and that you had a good week. I hope you have a fantastic week and that the Lord will bless you and keep you all safe. I love you all so much. I miss you all so much. The Church is true and we are so blessed to be a part of this great kingdom. Be happy and Smile! Love you again!

Love, Elder Leishman

306 days down, 424 days to go!