Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Fifty-Second Letter

January 10, 2011
Dear Family,

Well, this week has just been long! I thought that p-day would never come. I guess I will just go right into it. We pretty much just knocked on doors all week cause it is too cold to contact outside. So every day we were in domes knocking for like eight hours. We knocked on over 800 doors and no one would listen. Haha, this is going to sound like a downer letter, but nothing happened this week! That is why it was long. We got yelled at, argued with, chased out of domes and.... It just wasn't fun. But that is life and someone has to do it. I think that we just need to focus on where the Lord wants us to go more, cause we could knock 1000 doors and they won’t be the ones that the Lord wants us to knock. I know that there are prepared people here, it's just a matter of finding them. Anyways, Dainus wasn't able to meet this week again. I don't know what is happening to him, but we will continue to work with him and help him get answers to his prayers. I just hope that this next week will be better for us. And I hope that the rest of the winter will go by quickly cause it is really starting to drag on. But I'm trying to be optimistic, so I shouldn't have said that. :) Here's a funny story... yesterday I was at the church and was in the library looking for some papers in our missionary closet. I bent down to look on the lower shelves and all of a sudden the top shelf fell cause the side of the cabinet had bowed out, and all of the rest of the lower shelves fell under the weight. I stood up way fast and they all fell right at me! And they were all full of books and pamphlets! But... Being the buff guy that I am, ;) I caught them all and held them up until everyone came running in to see what the noise was. So, Elder Graham came running in and was like, "Dude your face is bleeding! So they cleaned up the mess and I went to clean up my face. So, now I have a long red cut from below my left eye to my mouth and it is way visible! It isn't deep, but you can sure see it. Everyone was asking what happened all the rest of the day. Anyways, the shelves just decided to give way right when I was there. But it is a funny story. I will have to send some pictures of my face sometime. I look like I got in a knife fight. I can only imagine what the people think when we go up and talk to them. I kind of think it looks cool. :) Anyways, that was my week and there really was nothing that happened. I feel like I lived the same day six days in a row.

I can testify that the Lord really does care about every aspect of our lives and we should go to him with it all. He is our Father and loves each one of us so much. That is why we need to pray. He wants to badly to hear from all of us personally just like an earthly father would want to hear from his child. It's just like that scripture that talks about a father giving a gift to his child and then says, how much greater gifts will your Father in Heaven give! That scripture is in a few places. But I know that God cares about everything that is going on in our lives. I have tried to make that more of a priority, to go to Him with all of my troubles and cares. He wants to help us so much.

This week I have kind of pondered over what it means to give faithful service to God and what we will be rewarded with if we are faithful in all things. It's not that we are looking for a reward, but it is just something that comes. The Lord asks a lot of us, but if we really look at it, it is really small what he asks of us. And if we are faithful in the things that He has asked us to do, I know that our reward will be SO great. He is so eager to bless us if we will only do His will. So, let us be faithful in all things and serve God. I know that we will be blessed beyond our greatest comprehension. Our time to be on this earth is so short and we can't waste any of it. Sorry, I'm just going off. But I know that we will be blessed if we do everything that we can. I love you all so much and hope that you all have a great week. Thank you for being such great examples to me and for being such a great family. You guys are the best!

Love, Elder Leishman

362 days down, 368 days to go!