Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The First Letter

We received Lane's first letter last week by mail! We were all so excited to hear from him!


January 14, 2010

Dear Family,

So I guess we are supposed to write a handwritten letter this first week instead of an e-mail. Whatever works i guess! So anyways,I am alive! It has been the longest two days ever and I'm so busy with class time and meetings! We learned the Lithuanian alphabet today and it was so hard but I think I'm getting it. We also learned some basic words like Hello, which is "Labas", and Goodbye which is "iki". It's going to be tough to learn.

My companion is Elder Lindell from Minnesota. He's a really good guy and we get along well. The guys here are really cool and this place is very peaceful and full of the spirit. They are asking us so many questions in class that make you think so hard. I've never thought about anything so hard in my life. They are gospel questions of course. We pretty much just go to class for nine hours a day or something like that. So really, really busy and no time to even sit down and think. My P-day is on Thursdays, so I will only be able to write then.

It is going to be a great thing to serve this mission and teach the people of Lithuania. That being said, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It is going to challenge me in so many ways. And I'm missing everyone back home so much. So I've been struggling but I hope I can get through it and continue to do my best. I'm so sure I will. The next two years are the Lord's. I can't believe it's only been two days. It seriously feels like a lifetime. Sorry this letter is so short! I have no time but I will write more next week. I love you all so much. I miss you guys.

Love, Vyresnysis Leishman

p.s. you pronounce Elder as: Veedesneesis (ee = as in read)


We are so proud of him! I tried to pronounce vyresynsis without the help he added..... and I'm pretty sure it sounded nothing like it was supposed to! lol {figures}. If anyone can learn this language he can! He's such an amazing young man. We love you Lane!

7 days down! 723 to go!