Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Second Letter

January 21, 2010

Hello everyone!

So I've been here for an entire week but it feels like I've been here forever! There is so much to do but so little time to do it! It's been rough the first week, but it's getting better. Not really easier, but I'm just a little better at coping with things. So first of all as you know my companion is Elder Lindell. He is a really nice, spiritual, great guy but our personalities are totally different. For instance, I'm super relaxed and laid back about things, but he is super intense and gets so frustrated if we are late to anything. Which isn't a bad thing, I'm just more easy going. But we get along fine and he's a good companion.

We sit in the same classroom for like ten hours a day and it gets really tiring and is so hard to stay awake! We have two teachers that switch off teaching us and they teach us our gospel stuff and our language. They are Brother Snow and Brother Wallace. They both went to Lithuania on their missions from 2006-2008 which is cool because they know so much about the language and the country and even the gospel. They make us think so hard about gospel things here and it is amazing! I've really learned so much already. Now about the language... It is SOOO hard. Our teachers told us that so far we have learned as much as someone would in an entire semester at BYU. So three months of learning in a week! I can say simple prayers in Lithuanian and can say a few phrases and know some basic words but there is still so much to learn. We have to teach the first lesson in Preach My Gospel next Wednesday in Lithuanian! I feel like we have learned so much, but there is still so much and I have no idea how I'm going to do it. The Language is harder for me then my companion, so I feel discouraged a lot. But my teachers are really understanding and help a lot. I guess I've just got to have a lot of faith.

Anyway, some other things are that the food is just like the Cannon Center so it gets old really fast. The firesides and devotionals are sweet and it's awesome to have so many powerful young voices singing those songs. I haven't been in the choir yet but I will be in it next week. Elder Evans of the Seventy came and talked on Tuesday for the devotional and gave a really good talk on the Book of Mormon. Oh and gym is probably the only thing, besides getting letters that keeps me sane! I lift weights and play basketball the whole time and it helps get frustrations out.

I went to the temple this morning and it was so nice. I love the temple and it is so peaceful. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful letters. They mean so, so much to me, so thank you. I have so little time to do anything and don't even have enough time to study but I will try my best to answer all of your letters individually. We have like eight hours of class time a day and you should study two hours for every hour you are in class but we have two hours to study! It's backwards but for now I love you all so much and I miss you so much, too!

Love, Elder Leishman



I can already see how much he's growing. I seriously tear up when I read his letters, I am so happy for him. I know he is in the right place and I know the Lord will bless him so much. I love you Lane!


9 days down, 721 to go!