Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Twenty-Eighth Letter

July 26, 2010
Dear Family!

Well, I need to make this a little shorter cause everyone is already done emailing and I still need to write this one! I wrote Lara and had to read all the emails and everyone is just faster than me. But yeah, It's been a crazy week for me! I did get transferred and guess where I am now!? Yeah, I'm BACK in Vilnius in the same apartment that I was in before!! Crazy huh! I for sure thought that I was going to Kaunas or staying in Klaipeda, but no... I got sent back to Vilnius! So I have been on Wednesday morning I traveled to Vilnius and it's been good. It feels like I never even left really. I didn't want to leave Vilnius the first time and hoped that I would be able to come back, but I didn't think that it would be this soon! So I was pretty happy to come back. It's kind of like a second chance with all of the members since I can speak a little better now and it's just good. Plus Elder Cooke and Elder Mock are still here too and I love those guys! They have other companions, but they are way cool guys. Oh and My Companion is Elder Lindell too! How weird is that? He was my mtc companion and I didn't think that we would be together again but I guess not! So, it's been good. We have mostly been working all week and it has been super hot as usual but there really isn't much detail to report. I'm sure that I'll have more to say next week. So It's good to be back though! Everything is still the same as it was and I feel more at home here than I did in Klaipeda. But I liked that city a lot too. I was just way shocked when I heard that I was being sent back. As I'm sure that you are shocked hearing now! The Lord has a purpose for everything that He does, so I'm sure that I'm needed in some way here. It was cool too cause my mtc teacher, Brother Snow is here in Vilnius doing an internship at the embassy so he was at church yesterday and it was really cool to see him and his wife again. He was a great teacher for me. So over all, it has been a good week and there has been lot of change. I don't have a ton to say cause you already know a ton about Vilnius! But today we are going to go see some of the Cathedrals cause I didn't get to see them the first time that I was here. I know that this is going to be an interesting transfer and I will probably excel a lot with the language. I guess after I left back in April, the work got a lot slower and Elder Cooke, who is now a zone leader, said that he thinks that this is going to be a great transfer and that we will be able to get the work going again. I hope that we can find some good people to teach the gospel too in the coming weeks. I haven't had many good investigators yet and I really want to find some good people. Romanas from Klaipeda was doing well when I left and I will keep you updated about what happens there when I find out. Also, that kid that rode up to us on the bike we weren't able to meet with again, but Elder Graham will try and find him again. So that's pretty much it for me. It's been a week of change for me but at least I am in a place that I know. Both Elder Lindell and I are new to that apartment. Well... I'm not, but they pulled both of the previous Elders out so they kind of white washed the area. So we are kind of starting from scratch cause they didn't have any investigators. So yeah, that's it. Sorry that there isn't too much to say! I will have more to say next week I promise! My mailing address is the same as it was when I was here before but here it is anyways.

Elder Lane Leishman


194 days down, 536 days to go!!!