Friday, May 27, 2011

The Sixty-Seventh Letter

May 2, 2011
Dear Family,

Well, let me start this email out by saying that it has been a great week. The weather has been so nice and even hot on a few days! I'm sorry to hear that you got snowed on this past week! I thought it was supposed to be super cold here! I can't believe that I get to talk to you already! Time went so fast since Christmas. I am excited.

So, about this week. Last Tuesday I went to the Dentist. I was nervous that it wouldn't be as good of service as it is in America, but it was just as good. It went great. There was a little cavity and they filled it was fast. It ended up being about 50 American dollars but I got a receipt and will send that to you, Dad. They did a really good job on the tooth. The rest of the week was spent getting Loreta ready for baptism and she made it! The baptism on Saturday was so good. Loreta was so happy and I haven't seen her so happy before. She was nervous, but it went great. There was another 12 year old girl in the russian branch that got baptized too and she was so excited. The Spirit was so strong at the meeting and it was great. I am so happy to have been a part of that. The next day in Fast and Testimony Meeting, Loreta got up after being confirmed and bore her testimony and it was so good. It was so tender to see the light in her eyes and to see that she knew what she had done in getting baptized was the right thing. Like I said, she had investigated the church for a long time but when we started teaching her, she finally got her answer that this was the right path. She is wonderful and she is setting a great example for her daughter. It was cool because yesterday, Sunday, I was looking at my goals for the year and I saw that I had written that I wanted to help a young family get baptized. I didn't even remember that I had put that down, but I accomplished that one! I was so grateful. We will continue to work with her and Vida, to strengthen them and help them adjust to their new lives. Thank you, Dad, for your suggestions. It is so important for new members to be strengthened and not forgotten about. And I think that your council to keep in contact with the people I have helped, after my mission is so important too. These people really do always remember their missionaries. Anyways, it was a good week and I am so glad to be a part of this work. I have felt a lot of joy over the past few weeks because of the things that have been happening. Miracles are happening here. This month the mission had 10 baptisms and that is the most since last August. Heavenly Father loves all of His children here and I can see that. This week we will be doing a lot of finding so that we can find more people to teach. We don't really have anything to fall back on because our investigators got baptized!


So, next week is transfers and I don't know what to expect. I REALLY don't want to leave Vilnius! But who know what will happen. There are going to be two new Lithuanian Elders here too and that will be cool. It's been a while since we've had new missionaries. I hope that the family has a great week and I am so excited to talk to you on Sunday! I can't believe that May is already here. I'll talk to you soon! I love you guys!

Love, Elder Leishman


1. This is Me, Loreta, Saulene, Elder Whicker, and Mindaugas (the member that baptized Loreta)!

2. Cool picture from last week. This is down town in Vilnius. So pretty!