Monday, June 27, 2011

The Seventy-Third Letter

June 27, 2011
Dear Family,

Well, this week hasn't been super eventful. Transfers happened and I am still in Kaunas with Elder Hilton. I'm happy about that. I don't really like moving a lot and I have done that a lot on my mission. I'm not in a leadership position or anything, but that's ok. I was just a little confused that President Dance had told me that he needed my help at the beginning of the transfer and then it didn't end up happening. But the Lord has His plans and knows best. I'll do whatever I am called to do. Last Monday we went to the local zoo and that was fun. It's kind of pathetic and I feel bad for the animals, but it's not too bad. It was fun going there a second time. We met some members from Sweden this week! They were super nice and spoke English like champs. They came up to us on the street and just talked to us for a while. I am continually amazed at how unified the church is. No matter where you go in the world, you have people that you can rely on and we are all brothers and sisters. What an amazing thing it is. It was great talking to them! We also helped the Chinese member here move some couches into his flat. Let me tell, you... It was a pain! They wouldn't fit through the opening to ANY of the doors, to the building, to his flat or to the room it was going in. So, we had to try a ton of different ways to get them in and then ended up having to force them through the opening. Good thing I'm buff! haha, just kidding... But it was fun to do some hard work. It was a pain, but it was fun. The member was so impressed that we got them in. Miracles do happen. :) Other than that, there wasn't much else that happened. Just a normal pretty slow week. I am doing well and am trying to work hard. I'm trying to be diligent and do the best that I can with everyday because I know that my time remaining as a missionary will go by so fast. But I am doing well and am trying my best.

Anyways, I need to go, but I love you all so much! I love hearing from you and am so grateful for all of your examples! I hope that you have a great week and that everything goes well for you! You are in my prayers always. Please be safe and healthy and love everyone around you. You are the most wonderful family in the world. I love you so much!

Love, Elder Leishman