Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Fifth Letter

Hey Everyone!

So I'm now starting my fith week in the MTC! It seems like it has been so long since I came in but also like it was just yesterday that I did. It's the weirdest feeling. Things haven't really changed much. I'm still as busy as ever learning a language and studing about the gosple! I do pretty much the same thing every day and the only thing that get's me through them are letters and gym time. I've been exercising a lot lately and made a workout schedule for myself because I was tired of feeling gross all the time! So I lift weights every day and either play basketball or run. Basketball is pretty fun though. I usually play with the Armenian Elders in my zone, they are awesome guys. One's name is Elder Daracott form Canada and he is so funny! We're always on the same team and we're not bad I'd have to say. I have a really good zone and the guys are really awesome. Anyways, I'm so out of shape! So I eat salads for pretty much every meal because the food here is getting so old and it's so bad for you. You can totally feel it! So that's probably the only new thing for me this week. I did have a pretty good experience in the TRC last night though. I learned a bunch of new words this week so it was easier to for sentances and I felt like it went a lot better than last week. The lady we taught still couldn't really understand us, but it did go better. It was probably the first time I felt the spirit in there becuase I am usually so worried about speaking the language! So it was better. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

So I have about four weeks left until we fly out to Lithuania! I'm excited to actually get out there instead of doing the same thing every day here. It's a good place here, but I've hit that wall where I just want to get out! Our teachers say that we will be living in pretty nice European flats so I'm excited about that. I mean, not the nicest, but not a dump by any means. The people are supposed to be awesome but really stubborn and very blunt. Our teacher told us that once some members were feeding them dinner and our teacher is really skinney so they told him to eat more but his companion wasn't so skinny so they told him to stop eating! Haha how funny is that!? So they just say what is on their mind. Really honest people. I'm alredy starting to love them just from stories and I know that I will absolutely love those peolpe so much by the time I am done Serving! In closing I just wanted to say thank you to all of those that have sent letters or packages! They mean so much to me. I will try to write back as soon as possible to thank you all personally. Thank you everyone for all of the support! I wouldn't be here without all of you! Well, I have to run, But I love you all so much! You are all in MY prayers every day.

Love, Elder Leishman



I don't blame him for not liking the food.. if its anything like the regular buffets they have on BYU campus.. that would get old really fast! I can already feel his love for the people. I can't wait for all the stories ahead of us. This is quite the adventure.

30 days down, 700 days to go!