Friday, February 5, 2010

The Fourth Letter

Hey everyone!

So it's been three weeks and I'm still alive. The MTC keeps us so busy that you would think I'd be dead by now! They seriously have every Minute of every day planned out! I'm sure it's for the better but it's still super stressful. So this past Sunday we had a really cool musical fireside where we just sang hymns the whole time. Someone (a missionary) would come up to the mic and say what hymn they liked the most and why and we would sing a verse from it. So like a musical testimony meeting. It was pretty sweet. It's so cool to hear 2,000 powerful missionary voices singing all at once! It's quite the sight. Especially when we sing praise to the man... It pretty much made me cry when we sang it two Sundays ago. It was so powerful. It's like the 2,000 stripling warriors. (haha thought you'd like that one mom!) But really, it's so powerful and like nothing I've ever experienced. We also got to watch the testaments that night and that was good too.

Every other day of the week is pretty much the same for me. Lessons from our teachers, hours of studying the gosple, vocab and gramar for the language. Eating, sleeping (at night) and gym. It's pretty much the same every day. I'm more tired here then I ever have been in my whole life to be honest! It's so hard to stay awake to be honest. So Monday was the same and tusday was too but we had Elder Richard G. Hinckley come speak and the devotional on Tuesday night which was pretty cool. He looks and talks so much like Pres. Hinckley! It really made me miss Pres. Hinckley actually. I grew up with him so I was really attached to him. Anyways, he gave a really good talk on avoiding ground hog day syndrome (getting in the rut of doing the same thing every day and getting things done) and it was really good. Wednesday was the normal but we had to do the TRC again. This time I was put with Elder Manning though, who is in my district and is speaking Lithuanian too. We are both about on the same level with the language so that's why they put us together. It was so stressful!! Since we are on the same level, it forced us to actually talk instead of falling back on our super smart companions! So I taught a lot of the lesson... In Lithuanian. But our investigator could hardly understand us and we couldn't understand him! Ugh it was a nightmare. But having said that, it went as well as it could with how little we know the language. I did recite the First Vison from momery (in Lithuanian) which was good, but obviously I'm still struggling a lot with the language and I probably will for a long time. All I can do is do my best and the Lord will bless me. That's all any of us can do. Strive to become better people and just do our best and the Lord will bless us for our effort. Anyways I'm out of time so I'll write again next week! I love you all! Thanks for all of the support!

Love Elder Leishman



We are all praying for you Lane, the language will come. I can't believe you've been gone for 3 weeks!

24 days down, 706 days to go!